
As some of you know, the day before yesterday there was an enormous soccer match here in Germany. At least it was enormous here. The German National team played the US in a pre-world cup friendly game. The Germans were coming off a disasterous 4-1 loss to Italy, so they needed to salvage their pride and the coach, Juergen Klinsmann, needed to salvage his job - they were saying that if Germany lost to the US, he might be fired only a couple months before the world cup. We tried to find a spot in the city to watch the game, but all the pubs were packed to the gills with anxious Fussballfans. Well, Juergen, there is no need to worry. Germany won 4-1. I was pretty dissapointed and heard it from my friends, but the German goals were amazing. We were, however, missing several quality players including our captain. I (think) im still confident for the Weltmeisterschaft. I dont know what to make of the Ncaa tourney. I have no team left to cheer for and my bracket is the worst I have ever filled out - I am in the 11th percentile nationwide. Oh well. Tommorow we are going on an Ausflug to Freiburg. I need to do laundry. wish me luck.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home