Ill be in Europe for five months. Wish me luck.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Sport treiben in Deutschland

If you have seen me in the last couple weeks, this is probably what I looked like. Thankfully the snow has since melted and today, the first day of spring, is turning out out to be the nicest one yet. This is the first day i have seen here without fog and I can see the swiss alps across Lake Constance. On a more sour note, needless to say I was a bit disappointed to see the result of yesterday's game. I have been able to follow the madness on the internet and watch the highlights afterward, but that just doesnt cut it. I am definitely missing college hoops. Last week I had the chance to play some basketball here at the Unisporthalle. There were some guys there who could really play, but they left and another group came in to play a game. I was glad to play along with them, but it was a bit weird for me for a couple reasons. One: many of them appeared to have never picked up a basketball in their lives, and two: they didnt really pay much attention to some of the fundamental rules of basketball like travelling, fouls and double dribbling. Oh well. I later found out that the group that I played with was indeed the 'beginning basketball' class. This week Ill try to find a different group to play with. Later in the week I went to the table tennis session and the players there were a bit more impressive. Ping pong here is not quite the recreational, play with your friends and family in the basement-type deal. I played several games with my swedish friend, Frederick. He beat me soundly. We'll see how I do in football (no, the other one) tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremiah,
That duder must have been quite the astounding champ at ping pong to beat you soundly. I've played so little since you left...(tear)
Yeah, I had the tarheels winning their bracket, a sad loss for the baby blue.
If it's a consolation, we're in an apartment together next year.
Wooha.
- Andrew Duffy

Monday, 20 March, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home